Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fisher-Price

Happy Sunday to all!
I didn't get a chance to write anything yesterday seeing as how I was at a picnic with many a church. And then I was in church this morning. The picnic was okay. In my opinion, not as fun as the ones we've had in the past but it was still okay. Church this morning was good. As usual. :) I love the calmer feeling I get when I'm in church. Even though I have my two kids. It's just that the creative side of my mind that generally rules over the week days calms down on Sunday. That's a good thing, I promise you.
Anywho, I'm sure you're wondering why I named this post "Fisher-Price." I got an easy answer for you. ... I don't even know. LOL! Does it matter? Apparently not, if you're reading this.
So, let me see what I can share with my lovely readers today.

...

OH! I got a fb message from someone today asking me about my inspiration for Zirconya. I'm a sucker for meeting other writers. I LOVE when it happens. And I love, even more than meeting writers, when people ask me questions like that about my work. It's such an exciting thing to me when I see that people are at all interested.

That reminds me, let me clear the air about my book.

I AM NOT TRYING TO BECOME FAMOUS.

Of course becoming famous wouldn't bother me but I'm being realistic here. How many people write unnoticed books every day? Too many to fathom. So, I refrain from fathoming.
I know I'm not even, in some people's eyes, a great writer. (but I will still call myself a writer because i still write even though its not greatness.) But at the same time, I dont feel that I suck. The thing is though that I'm not writing to look professional or anything. I wasn't even going to get anything published at first. Writing is just an outlet for me. When I'm feeling overwhelmed, I write. When I'm feeling stressed, I write. When I'm giddy, I write. When I'm angry, I write. When I'm happy, I WRITE! If I go long enough without writing, I feel it in my hands that I need to put my fingers to work. I feel this overwhelming pressure in my head that I need to put something down on paper. And before, I started writing books, I would literally just pick up a pen and write my name down over and over and over again just to get the need to write out of me! It's a release of many sorts. I love doing it. Now, writing books and stories is a passion. Put the two together, and viola! A happily released person!

I figured I'd continue writing my stories when people started asking me for the next "piece" of whatever it was I was working on. So, here I am now awaiting the publishing of my first 94,000 word book. (btw, it will be more since I am adding a new, big scene) Not that I'm bragging or anything.

God, I hate people who brag! Don't you?

Okay that was off the subject. Forgive me. I am a bit sleepy so I am off to nap. I probably won't get another post in until tomorrow so have a good Sunday afternoon, evening and night!

-Your loving blogger,
SHAZBOK

Yes, I did notice that I posted a completely random timeline of Link. But...I had to. C'mon, look at it. It's fun. And random. Randomly fun. And cuz I grew up on the Zelda games.
Yeah...I'm WEIRD. Don't I know it! T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment