Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Marriage isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Let me tell you, honestly. Marriage is probably the chief cause of divorce. ~Frank Burns(M*A*S*H)

Wednesday! A.K.A Hump Day! (get your mind outta' the gutter)
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. It was either post or revise Zirconya's beginning. You can imagine what I chose. But hey, I think it's coming along wonderfully. Well, it's already GONE along since it's done, I'm just trying to capture the reader from the beginning, minus the confusion.

I was talkin to one of my buddies yesterday, and we got into the conversation about writing. And I realized, again, how excited I get when I talk about how I get excited about writing. HA! It's AWESOME. And then I also realized how much people don't understand what a writer goes through when writing a book. I don't think anyone ever thinks about how much emotion the author puts into it. Think about it. Here's a quote I think may help readers understand:


"Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole lot of people trying to be one person." F Scott Fitzgerald.
Bravo. Diggin' the 'do, Scotty. Totally.
It's true, though. I mean, you have all of these characters with their own personality; likes, dislikes. You have to know everyone's weaknesses and strengths. You should see me when I write an argument between two main characters. I get all worked up because I know the point of view from each character and you have to write it in a way that one character disagrees with the other character and they each get angry with the other so the writer, me, ends up getting angry on both sides! It's an amazing feeling; such a rush!
I s'pose it's not easy to understand if you're not the one doing it. But I tried to explain.
Anyway, I am off to work on Zirconya some more while the girls sleep. The house is clean after I went clean-happy yesterday, lunch is ready for when they wake up so I have time to enjoy myself a bit. FINALLY.
Until next time,
Your loving blogger,
SHAZBOK

No comments:

Post a Comment